Enjoy these Winnie the Pooh Honey Cookies Inspired by Disney’s Christopher Robin film.
Growing up Winnie the Pooh was one of my favorite characters. As an adult, I am excited to see my friends from the Hundred Acre woods have returned to the big screen in a live action film. This film is amazing. It reminds us of the importance of family and friends in this ever busy and changing world.
Of course, Christopher Robin’s best friend is that silly ole bear named Pooh. Pooh is rather wise though and very lovable. He also has a great love of honey or as Pooh would call it “Hunny”.
Whether you call is honey or hunny I have a simple sweet treat for you. Today I am sharing my grandmother’s secret recipe for Honey Cookies.
Winnie the Pooh Honey Cookies Inspired by Disney’s Christopher Robin
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together sugar, shortening, and honey. Let cool.
- Mix together eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and ginger.
- Gradually add to cooled honey mixture.
- Slowly add 4 cups of flour to mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) until golden (about 12-15 minutes).
These slightly sweet cookies pair well with an afternoon cup of tea or a tall glass of cold milk. they are also perfect for host gifts and to serve at any gathering. plus with fall coming quickly they make great treats for classroom parties. Personally, I enjoy them while reading a good book or binge-watching my favorite Disney Movies.
What is your favorite treat? Do you enjoy honey like Pooh?