It’s no secret that fall is my favorite time of the year at Disney. As a self-proclaim foodie, I love the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival but I am also a huge fan of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Every year Mickey hosts the best Halloween party in town.
This year Mickey kicked it up a notch by adding in some new fun and some really tasty treats. Plus did I tell you the Sanderson Sisters turned 25 this year? They are always a huge hit at the party.
New Happenings at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party happens on select nights from August 17–October 31, 2018. This year Mickey’s Not-So-Scary has added a few new twists and treats to your evening.
Mad Tea Party will take you for a colorful ride as new lighting and effects give a new spin on the night. Depending on the color of your costume, you too could transform under the new dancing lights. How cool is that?
Pirates of the Caribbean will have new pirates invade the experience, interacting with sailing guests who will join the search for “Gunpowder Pete.” Can you say Arrrgh?
Space Mountain adventurest will hurtle through deep space as a new soundtrack and special effects transform the adventure. Can Space Mountain seriously get any cooler?
Storybook Circus will welcome to the Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, a dance party featuring some of your favorite Disney Junior Characters, including Doc McStuffins! Get your boogie shoes on.
New Treats at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
As self-proclaimed foodie treats are my favorite part of the Halloween Party. I admit it I love to eat and this year I was once again amazed by the creation brought to us by the wonderful culinary team at Disney. (Mom Tip: Some of the treats are actually available outside of Party nights for most of the season and others are exclusive to Party guests.) Also, note some are tried true favorites and some are NEW this year.
- Hitchhiking Ghost Doom Buggies Chocolate Cream Puff filled with Cookies and Cream Mousse and topped with chocolate. Shaped like a Doom Buggie available at Aloha Isle
- Maleficent Dessert Lime soft serve, black waffle cone, topped with purple sugar and chocolate Maleficent ears available at Storybook Treats
- Hades Nachos Black bean nacho chips, topped with buffalo chicken and toppings available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Madame Leota Tart Vanilla tart, with toasted marshmallow pastry cream, crispy pearls, chocolate and hard candies available at Liberty Square Market
- Muenster Smash Burger Burger with Sriracha aioli, muenster cheese, and tots, on a black bun available at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe
- Not-So-Poison Apple Cupcake spiced apple cake cupcake with pecan crunch and buttercream available at Main Street Bakery
- Popcorn Grab this popcorn in souvenir party bucket- Various Popcorn Carts around the Magic Kingdom
- Candy Corn Milkshake Candy corn ice cream with Mickey shaped marshmallow available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Candy Corn Ice Cream Soft serve ice cream in a cone or sundae available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Zero Waffle Sundae two Zero character waffles, topped with vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, and Carmel drizzle available at Sleepy Hollow ( Offered party nights starting October 1st)
- Jack Skellington Cake Push Pop Layers of chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream, white chocolate, dark chocolate curls and a white chocolate Jack Skellington character topper available at Sleepy Hollow
- Halloween Cinnamon Roll Mickey shaped and Halloween decorated cinnamon roll with orange icing and chocolate spider available at Main Street Bakery
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Log gluten-friendly vanilla pecan cake, caramel glaze, and chocolate Mickey pumpkin available at Main Street Bakery
- Minnie Witch Brownie Chocolate brownie with white chocolate Minnie Mouse character topper available at Casey’s Corner
- Worms and Dirt gummy worms, gluten-friendly cake crumbs, and a chocolate gravestone available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe ( Offered party nights starting October 1st)
- Cider House Treats Apple Cider, caramel-stuffed pretzels and cinnamon donuts available at Golden Oak Outpost
- Oogie Boogie Meringue gluten-friendly pomegranate-cherry gelee, gummy worms, and glow in the dark meringue available at Gaston’s Tavern
New Merchandise at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
Along with the new happenings and new treats at the party, there is also new merchandise. From home decor to t-shirts there is a lot of great new stuff for Halloween. you can get the 4-1-1 on the Disney Parks Blog but to be honest I am flipping for the new Sanderson Sisters t-shirt that is out to celebrate their 25th anniversary. These shirts are Awesome Sauce.
Of course, all your favorites are back like the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, Happy HalloWishes fireworks, Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade, and of course trick or treating for the young and young at heart.
What part of the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party do you like the most?
Other fun things happening at Disney