Disclaimer: I received a free meal and no other compensation. All Opinions are my own including my dislike of okra.
It’s easy to see why Lucy Buffett’s LuLu’s is a local favorite. They are not only spreading the Gumbo Love but they are also spreading the southern hospitality.
Situated on the banks of the Intracoastal Waterway. LuLu’s not only offering up a warm and inviting atmosphere but its open floor plan allows for a perfect view of the water. Guest are greeted as though they are family and treated as such.
When We arrived for lunch Tony seated us at a table with a beautiful view of the water. The breeze from the waterway was divine. So our waitress arrive to take our drink order and appetizer order. As we waited Tony treated us to a sample of LuLu’s famous Gumbo and let me just say as someone who doesn’t normally eat Gumbo this was truly wonderful. It had the right mount heat and spice to it without being overly spicy. Plus best part was I didn’t even notice the okra something I truly can’t stand, After tasting LuLu’s Gumbo I get a better understanding of Gumbo Love.
One of the great things about LuLu’s not only offering is everything is cook fresh and with daily specials featuring freshly caught fish of the day you will never be bored with the menu.
We started our lunch with some of LuLu’s Crazy Sista’s Crab Toast. A blend of Sweet Claw Meat, Swiss, Cheddar, Green Onions, Mayo Spread on French Bread, perfectly toasted. It was crazy good. Had I known it was going to be that good I would have gotten a sandwich made with it. Instead, I went with the fish of the day grilled sandwich with a side of fried green tomatoes. It was grilled to perfection with just the right amount of seasoning. My mom went with shrimp which was cooked to perfection she said.
Though we didn’t have a
LuLu’s not only offering up good food and a wonderful atmosphere it also offers live music, a play area for kids to enjoy while waiting to eat and events that the whole family can enjoy. It truly is the place to visit.
A Few Tips
- Get a table close to the play area if you have kids this way they can be entertained in the play area while waiting for food.
- If you don’t have kids or are easily annoyed by them get a table far away from the play area.
- If you have any food restriction ask for their specialized menu. They have a great allergy free menu listing from Gluten-free to dairy free.
- Brig extra cash fro the gift shop they have so many wonderful things to purchase including t-short and survivors.
- There are also Lulu’s in the Golf Shore and Destin