Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge At Disneyland is officially open and like many of you, I am extremely excited. It is a world I grew u watching and dreaming about and now it’s come to life. But before you fly off to a galaxy far, far away there is is a few things you should know.
Know Before You Go To Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
1. Reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. If you are visiting during this time, valid theme park admission and a reservation are needed to enter the new land at Disneyland Park. If you have a reservation, you may check in at Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland up to 2 hours prior to your reservation start time, and go to the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge entrance as directed when your reservation begins. When you check in, you will need to bring your reservation confirmation (including QR code), government-issued ID and all members of your party listed on the reservation. At this time, general reservations are no longer available on Disneyland.com.
2. You can still get a reservation to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23*. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels between May 31 and June 23 will receive a designated reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered Guest; valid theme park admission required). Hotel Guests will be notified of their reservation date and time with their registration confirmation. If you cancel your hotel reservation your Star Wars reservation will also be canceled.
3. No standby line will be available to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Only Guests with reservations will be able to access the land during this time.
4. Reservations will no longer be required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after June 23. As needed, to manage demand, Disneyland Resort will implement a virtual queueing system to visit the new land so you can enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to visit Batuu. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access, available from the main page, on which you can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once you have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the land and they can monitor the status of their boarding group from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
5. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will not be part of VIP tours during the reservation time period from May 31 to June 23, 2019. Beginning June 24, 2019, VIP tours will include a visit to Galaxy’s Edge and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
6. The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted.
7. Be sure to download the official Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead and make the most of your visit to Galaxy’s Edge. The Disneyland app allows you to check the attraction wait time, locate character encounters and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the new land.
8. Prepare for your visit to Galaxy’s Edge by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of your arrival. The Play Disney Parks app allows you to deepen your engagement with the land. Plus you can interact with the world around them on the planet Batuu. Should you choose to engage through the app, you will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
To book your next Disney Vacation and be part of the Star Wars experience head over to Disneyland.com. Better yet simply fill out this form and let me help make your next Disney vacation a magical one. Oh did you know my services are FREE? May the Force be with you.