Disney is my all time favorite place to visit. It is magical year around but more so on the holidays especially at Christmas when everything has that little extra twinkle. One of the fun things Disney does at Christmas is host Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and to enjoy it I have a few tips for you.
Tips For Attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
1. Arrive Early ~ The party officially begins at 7 PM but with your party invitation (ticket) you can arrive at 4 PM. This is great because you will get to see Elsa use her magical powers to light the castle.
2. Bring a Jacket/Sweater ~ I know you may be thinking it’s FL who needs a jacket but truthfully Fl weather is unpredictable and has been known to dip into cooler temperatures at night. So why spend the evening shivering when you can just throw on a jacket or sweater.
3. Make a Plan ~ When I say make a plan I mean have a list of what you want to do and who you want pictures with. So you’re not running around trying to decide what everyone wants to do. That said be open for surprises. Some of the best memories are made when things happen unexpectedly like when we were heading to see Mickey but son got sidetracked by a street performer and became part of the show. It was a fun time.
4. Closer Isn’t Always Better ~ After many fireworks show at Disney, I have learned closer isn’t always better when viewing fireworks. Truth is the further back you are the grander the view is. Plus you don’t get such a kink in the neck from looking up.
5. Free Is the Word ~ Finally, my last tip is to be sure to get your free cookie and cocoa. There are cookie stations all through the Magic Kingdom that provide you with a yummy fresh-baked cookie and warm hot chocolate to make your night complete. If you want a healthier snack they do offer apple slices and apple juice instead.
So there you have it my few tips for attending the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. I hope you get the chance to go and have some fun. And remember nothing is more magical than making memories with your family and loved ones this time of year and all year really.
Do you have a tip for attending the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? What about a tip for attending any party at a theme park?
Disclaimer: I received complimentary tickets to attend this event. Regardless all opinions are my own and I never recommend anything my family doesn’t enjoy. also note all photos are complimentary from Disney World website.