With teen boy heading to college, next year hubby and I are planning our empty nester travel list. One of the places I have always wanted to visit in Virginia.
As a northern girl who now lives in Florida, I truly miss the changing of the seasons. Plus with the research I have done I have learned that Virginia is the perfect place for couples and lovers of all kind.
Autumn is the perfect time to discover why Virginia is for Lovers.
Scenic roadways like the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive show off the state’s stunning natural beauty in Virginia’s mountains, while off-season travel along Virginia’s beaches offer coastal views where migrating fowl are the only crowd you’ll find. The weather is ideal for experiencing live music and events in lush surroundings. Outdoor lovers can hike, paddle, and bike through fifteen million acres of vibrant fall foliage and families can enjoy apple picking, harvest festivals, corn mazes and hay rides through pumpkin patches. Winemakers celebrate October Virginia Wine Month at more than 285 wineries statewide and waterman celebrate Virginia’s eight distinct oyster regions during November Virginia Oyster Month.
Virginia is for Lovers: This Fall
- Where to Find the Best Fall Colors in Virginia
- 8 Once-in-a-Lifetime Places to Stay in Virginia This Fall
- 17 Fall Family Vacation Ideas that Even the Kids Will Love
- 14 Cozy Cottages for a Cool Weather Getaway
- Discovering Virginia’s Picturesque Mountain Towns
Virginia is for Music Lovers
- Big Concerts Coming to Virginia in September
- 13 Fall Festivals That You Don’t Want to Miss
- Your Guide to Fall PRIDE Festivals in Virginia
Virginia is for Outdoors Lovers
- Give Back to the Great Outdoors: Where to Celebrate Virginia Public Lands Day
- Under the Stars: 8 Nighttime Activities for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 10 Exciting Dog-Friendly Hikes in Virginia
- A Drive Through Virginia’s Heritage: The 5 Scenic Byways You Need to Take
- 21+ Places That Will Make You Fall in Love with Virginia’s Outdoors
- Fall Camping Getaways in Virginia
- 10 Unforgettable Virginia Backpacking Trips
- 11 of Virginia’s Most Scenic Motorcycle Drives for Fall
- Things To Do Near The 4 Shenandoah National Park Entrances
- 10 Great Virginia Hikes for Viewing Fall Foliage
- 17 Running Events For Fall
Virginia is for Food Lovers
- 25+ Apple Festivals, Orchards and Cideries to Visit This Fall
- November is Virginia Oyster Month
- Fire Flour & Fork – November 2-5, 2017
- Urbanna Oyster Festival – 60th Anniversary – November 4-5, 2017
- Served Up Fresh for 2017: 25 New Restaurants You Need to Try in Virginia
- The History of Distilling in Virginia
- 14 Breakfast Spots Near Scenic Fall Destinations
- Discover Virginia Oysters Along the Virginia Oyster Trail
Virginia is for Wine Lovers
- October is Virginia Wine Month
- Fall Wine Festivals
- Wineries that Offer Stunning Views of Virginia’s Scenic Beauty
- Fall in LOVE with Virginia Vines: Exceptional Winery Experiences for Every Traveler
- Vineyard Accommodations: Wineries Where Visitors Can Eat, Sleep and Sip
- 10 Beautiful Fall Hikes Near Virginia Wineries
Virginia Tourism Corporation’s fall travel website, offers travelers a one-stop-shop for fall travel information, with dozens of 48-hour fall getaway itineraries to help travelers plan perfect weekend trips.
Have you ever been to Virginia? Where’s your favorite couple destination?