“This post was made possible by iConnect and Petcurean. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.“
As moms when one of your babies is sick you do whatever necessary to make them feel better. Whether that’s a trip to the doctor or a home remedy.
It’s the same with my cat’s. they are my babies too so when one of them started having an upset stomach. I went into mommy mode trying to help her. From vet visits to changing her food, we finally managed to get this sweet thing feeling better which her sister likes as now she has her playmate back.
Things you can do to help your cat’s upset stomach
If you think your cat has a sensitive stomach, there are steps you can take to help keep your cat’s insides running smoothly.
- Be watchful. Do your best to prevent your cat from eating anything spoiled or questionable. Outdoor cats have increased exposure to inappropriate food and are at greater risk for internal parasites.
- Check for hairballs. If you suspect hairballs are causing your cat’s stomach upset seek help from a vet.
- Avoid giving your cat milk or dairy products. Cats might like the taste but often lack the ability to digest dairy products properly.
- Slow down mealtimes. Cats that eat fast also swallow a lot of air. Divide big meals into smaller portions, fed throughout the day.
- Measure the proper amount of food. Eating too much can upset a cat’s digestion so feed according to package directions.
- Be consistent. Any change in nutrition can irritate your cat’s system. If you switch your cat’s food, do so slowly: gradually mix greater and greater proportions of the new food with the old.
- Feed your cat a nutritious, high-quality food. Cats cannot easily digest food made with low-quality ingredients.
A healthy, smart choice is GO! SENSITIVITY + SHINE recipes which are great for all cats, but were formulated especially for pets with specific dietary needs and food sensitivities. All life stage recipes for pets are carefully prepared with select meat proteins, unique carbs, and essential omega oils.
Finding the right food
finding the right food for our little one with an upset stomach was key but we also had to consider her sister into the equation. We knew we had to make sure the food we fed one for a sensitive stomach would also provide adequate nutrition to her sibling. That’s where Petcurean a family-owned Canadian company that creates premium-quality pet food recipes came into our life1. Petcurean puts pets first.
Petcurean recipes are made with premium, nutritious ingredients to meet specific needs of dogs and cats. Discerning pet parents can feel good about these products, and pets love them. Plus they have someone who can help you choose the right food for your pets. That was a huge positive point for me.
Plus right now you can get $5.00 off your order at Petcurean with coupon code PS107ZW997.
Enter to win one 6lb bag dog kibble or one 4lb bag cat kibble, winner’s choice. Simply follow the directions on the entry form and GOOD LUCK!!!