The 27th annual Southern Women’s Show returns October 12-15 at the Orange County Convention Center. This action-packed extravaganza brings together hundreds of unique, fun exhibitors for women of all ages across Central Florida to enjoy. Don’t miss your chance to explore over 100,000 sq. ft. of some of the best products and services available on the market today – all under one roof! Plus it makes for a great Mother/Daughter day out.
Ten things you need to know about the 2017 :
- Meet Celebrity Guests: Olympic Gymnast and silver and gold medalist in Rio, Laurie Hernandez, will be at the Fashion & Entertainment Stage on Thursday, October 12th. Singer and New York Times Best Selling Cookbook Author, Patti LaBelle, will wrap up the show on October 15th on the Cooking Stage.
- Girl’s Night Out: Get $4 admission Friday after 4pm, just in time for happy hour with LBD Wines. Once you’ve gotten your free glass of wine and free “bundtini” from Nothing Bundt Cakes, join us on the Fashion & Entertainment Stage as the Central Florida Firefighters strut their stuff down the runway. All donations go to support the St. Baldrick’s Foundation.
- High-end, Vintage Designer Handbags: Stop by the Dillard’s Pavilion and discover the latest in beauty products, fragrances, intimates and smartwatches. Dillard’s is also offering a highly anticipated and rare opportunity to shop one-of-a-kind handbags from Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Fendi and more.
- Cooking Demonstrations: In addition to seeing celebrity guest Patti LaBelle, stop by the Cooking Stage to watch local chefs dish up their favorite recipes and sample tasty treats. Dessert blogger and Food Network contestant, Juliana Evans, will take the stage all 4 days as host. Founder and Director of Kitch’n Lyfe Skill, Inc., Chef Ze’, will share her passion for food on the Cooking Stage all 4 days as well!
- Simon Style Day: Thursday we are celebrating fashionistas with Simon Style Day. Stop by their exhibit and discover shopping at its absolute finest. Learn all about savings from one of their three properties. The Florida Mall offers the ideal mix of the hottest retailers, family entertainment, and premier dining options. And with a collection of the world’s finest designer labels and leading brands at savings of 25% to 65% every day, savvy shoppers won’t want to miss the Orlando Premium Outlets – Vineland and International. And don’t forget to be first in line for a special gift!
- Runway Shows: Orlando Fashion Week will light up the runway with a variety of looks appropriate for the fall. Creations by local fashion designers will be showcased on the runway throughout the weekend with the latest in fall fashion trends, fabulous athleisure wear, and styles for every occasion. Learn how to add some creativity to your fall wardrobe at the Fashion & Entertainment Stage.
- Find New Roads™: Take a test drive at the show and Find New Roads™ with Chevrolet. Professionals will be on hand to answer your questions and help you find the vehicle that best fits your busy lifestyle. Stop by to receive a free Tablet Tote!
- Saturday is Ladies Day Out, Delivered by Shipt: Meet Shipt, the same-day grocery delivery service making this idea a reality. Shipt delivers groceries from stores you trust in as soon as an hour. Swing by their exhibit at the show for free swag, a special discount, and to enter to win a year’s worth of service plus $250 in free groceries. Be sure one of the first in line for Ladies Day Out, Delivered by Shipt, for your free reusable tote bag!
- Mother Daughter Day: Take part in a cookie-decorating contest, a hula hoop off, or be our guests at a magical tea party and sing-a-long with Princess Belle on Sunday, October 15th. Mother Daughter Day is Sponsored by Hood Dairy who will offer samples of three varieties of Calorie Countdown, which has fewer calories, less sugar, and fewer carbs than regular milk but is also creamy and delicious!
Get Healthy: Learn from health professionals like the American Lung Association, OneBlood, Cigna and the American Kidney Fund. Get a health screening, check your vision, and meet doctors and healthcare professionals from the Orlando area! Florida Dairy Farmers will have registered dietitians in their exhibit to speak to guests about their nutrition questions and enter to win milk for a year!
Now for the fun stuff. Right now the Southern Women’s Show is hosting a giveaway for my readers. You can enter to win 1 of 15 pairs of tickets. That’s right they are giving away 30 tickets total and you could win a pair. Just follow the rules on the form and GOOD LUCK!!!