In the great words of Marie Antoinette “Let Them Eat Cake”!!
I am excited to announce The Great Americas Cake Fair is returning to Orlando Florida to the Orange County Convention Center on October 13-15, 2017.
Disclaimer: I am a Digital Ambassador for The Americas Cake Fair, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending the show and reporting my opinion within this blog, The Americas Cake Fair has provided me with complimentary tickets and other exclusive opportunities.
More than 10,000 baking professionals, industry buyers, pastry chefs, cake artists, retail bakers, hobbyists and everyday foodies from around the world are expected to attend the three-day extravaganza. This delicious show is a feast for the eyes (not to mention nose and stomach)!
The Americas Cake Fair will have something for everyone: live theater (main stage) demonstrations by renowned cake designers and sweets-centric television personalities; more than 100 hands-on classes, demonstrations and business seminars taught by the world’s most skilled cake decorators and industry professionals; a glamorous sugar arts fashion show; live global cake challenges; traditional cake competitions; and an exhibit hall overflowing with new products and services, including some items for cash and carry.
Highlights For The Americas Cake Fair
Headlining the live theater is “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, star of the hit TLC show, appearing on Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15; Mich Turner, whose clientele includes The Queen of England, Madonna and David Beckham, presenting on Friday, October 13 and Saturday October 14; pastry genius Ron Ben-Israel, named “the Manolo Blahnik of wedding cakes” by The New York Times, also on stage October 13 and 14; Nancy Fuller, host of Food Network’s Farmhouse Rules, appearing on Sunday, October 15; and Natalie and Dave Sideserf, the husband-wife hosts of Food Network’s Texas Cake House, appearing on Sunday. Keeping the fun “rolling” along is Main Stage Host and Celebrity Chef Emily Ellyn, best known as the Retro Rad Chef from Food Network.
In addition to the featured stage presentations, the show’s jam-packed schedule will include:
- The Sugar Art Fashion Show on Friday, October 13, with models strutting the runway adorned by cake costumes and edible ensembles
- An exclusive VIP Meet & Greet on Saturday, October 14, where guests can meet and mingle with their favorite television personalities, headliners and cake artists
- Live Global Cake and Chocolate Challenges, where international teams and individuals will battle for top honors
- Traditional cake competitions offering cash prizes for contestants across all skill levels
- More than 100 hands-on classes, demonstrations and business seminars taught by the world’s best cake decorators
- Themed “zones” sprinkled around the show floor include:
- A Kids Zone for a yummy interactive experience for budding cake artists
- The ACD Magazine Cake Zone sponsored by American Cake Decorating Magazine for a delectable introduction to fondant and other skills
- An exhibit hall overflowing with products and services, including some items for cash and carry.
Tickets are available for 1 or more days and begin at $30. You can also purchase tickets to The Sugar Art Fashion Show which benefits Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. For more info and tickets visit online.