Broccoli and cheese frittata is just one of the meals I have taught my son to cook. As a mom to a soon to be a college student, I have been trying to teach my son some kitchen skills. I wanted to know that he could feed himself when he left home and not rely strictly on Ramen and take out. The best part of this adventure is the memories we made together while learning a necessary skill.
So when Nellie’s asked me to talk about cooking with kids this summer I was happy to help because I knew the joy it had brought me. Plus the eggs taste amazing.
Summer is so close we can taste it! And while “summer school” often gets a bad rap, Nellie’s Free Range Eggs wants parents and kids to get into the kitchen and prepare delicious egg-centric recipes during its own “Nellie’s Summer School” this June.
If you’re not already familiar, Nellie’s is committed to providing better lives for hens, which means better eggs for you and your family! Coming from the first Certified Humane® farm in the country, Nellie’s girls (aka hens) are never caged and have as much, or as little, access to outside as they want.
Easy to prepare, inexpensive and nutrient-dense, eggs are one of the most versatile and nutritious meals or snack options around. Plus, they’re a great first food to get kids into the kitchen and interested in cooking at an early age.
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Frittata Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in an oven-safe frying pan* over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add broccoli, garlic, and crushed red pepper to taste to the pan with onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour egg over vegetables and continue to cook until egg becomes set around the edge of the pan, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top. Move pan to the oven for about 12 minutes, or until frittata top turns slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
Nellie wants to help you get kids into the kitchen by offering you an awesome prize pack which includes a pan, stuffed hen, and coupons.
Enter More Giveaways Below
Welcome to the NAMASTE WINNING Giveaway Hop brought to you by The Hopping Bloggers!
Hosted By: Mama Smith’s & Women and Their Pretties
Co-Hosted By: Teacups and Fairytales
Each giveaway has a value of a minimum of $15, however some are worth much more. Be sure to enter to win all of them because there is no limit to how many you can win. GOOD LUCK!
If you’re a blogger looking to connect with brands: Join The Hopping Bloggers database and get started today!
If you’re a brand looking to work with a network of professional bloggers: Check out the creative campaigns The Hopping Bloggers has to offer!